Activities & Attractions
The beautiful Tweed Coast & NSW Northern Rivers has fast earned a place in Australia's heart as a prime year-round holiday destination.
Our temperate climate and world class surf beaches have continued to bring holiday goers to our shores from all around the world. From alternate lifestyles to fine dining, gold coast theme parks to colourful country markets, the Tweed Coast offers something for absolutely everyone.
Fishing in Kingscliff is a perfect way to watch the day pass you by. Wet your line in the estuary or check out the nearby beaches and rock walls, even the beginner fisher-person will be able to catch (and release) their next meal. ( Please note a NSW fishing licence can be obtained from the local BP Service Station.)
Boat launching facilities with free public parking for cars and trailers is located a few hundred meters away near the mouth of Cudgen Creek, with close proximity to Sunrise Cove.
In the distance you cannot miss the impressive outline of Mt Warning.
For the outdoor lover & hiking enthusiast, the NSW Northern Rivers hosts a number of World Heritage listed National Parks rich with indigenous history, which offer a range of walks to suit everyone, from 15 minute strolls to treks that take all day.
If chasing waterfalls is your favourite pastime you will adore all the Kingscliff and surrounds have to offer.
There is nothing more awe inspiring than watching whales playing and breaching close to the shore.
We here in Kingscliff are privileged to be in the direct path of the Humpback Whale migration, and every year we welcome our ocean friends. Whale Season takes place from June – August and again October - November on their migration along the East Coast of Australia.
Kingscliff provides excellent opportunities to view Humpback Whales, with vantage points along the coastal headlands and Kingscliff Beach.
Finally, the local's favourite choice - Local Farmers and Weekend Markets.
NSW Northern Rivers LOVES a market! Below is a sample of markets within a short drive of Kingscliff and some of our absolute favourites:
- The Casuarina Farmers' Market is on the 1st and 3rd Saturday from 7.30am -11.30am for early birds
- Kingscliff Night Markets from 5.30pm on 1st Fri each month
- Kingscliff Farmers Market, Kingscliff Tafe from 6am every Sat
- Pottsville Beach Markets from 7.30am on 1st Sun of each month from 7.30am
- Kingscliff Lions Beachside Markets is on 2nd & 4th Sat each month from 7am
- Brunswick Heads Beach Markets – Memorial Park 1st Sat each month from 7am
- Bangalow Markets – Bangalow ShowGrounds – 4TH Sun every month from 7am
- Byron Bay Markets – Butler Street Reserve – First Sun every month from 7am
Visit the Big Volcano Farmers and Weekend Markets Guide for the complete guide to the area's Weekday and Weekend Markets.
Why not check our accommodation availability now?